As a rural surveyor based in Cornwall Peter Bowden & Co provides professional planning advice to help clients achieve planning consent for agricultural buildings in rural areas. Having dealt with a wide range of rural planning applications and successfully securing planning permission we have the specialist knowledge and expertise which can include the use of permitted development rights for barn conversions, obtaining planning consents for development land, change of use applications, agricultural dwellings, listed building consent, and design and drawings.

The new planning regulations and guidance that have been announced by the Government with regards to Class Q permitted development rights, which allows agricultural buildings to be converted for residential use. These announcements make it clear that the Government is putting its support behind Class Q permitted development to boost the housing supply in rural areas and with it there is a great opportunity for farmers and landowners to realise value from their redundant buildings.

If you would like further advice on Class Q permitted development rights, please contact us for more information.

Agricultural and rural planning & design is at the core of our business and we can assist with any of the following:

  • Change of use from agricultural to residential

  • Farm diversification (changing use to serve other more beneficial purposes)

  • New Agricultural & Rural Industrial buildings

  • Conversions & New Build

  • Agricultural Dwellings & Houses for ‘Essential Workers’

  • Agricultural & Rural Business support

  • Equestrian, Sporting and Leisure Projects

  • Outline or full planning applications

  • Planning and enforcement appeals

  • Supporting planning policy statements

  • Plans and drawings

  • Environmental Improvement / Mitigation

Get A Quote Today

If you are looking for a rural planning consultant in Cornwall or Devon please get in touch with us using the form below.